Blue Ridge Baptist Church - Reagan
Falls County, Texas
31 16.180' N 96 44.427' W
Historical Marker: Organized 1859 by 11 charter members; worship held regularly since. Z. N. Morrell and Judge R. E. B. Baylor were among early missionaries holding services in the settlers' log cabins. George Harlan deeded 28 acres for church, school, and cemetery in 1873. Land is part of grant given by Mexico in 1835 to his father, Doctor Isaiah Harlan. The first church building also housed an early school. Church has sponsored annual "May Day Singing" since 1887. Descendants still attend. The third (present) sanctuary was built here in 1908.