Anderson Baptist Church
Grimes County, Texas
30 29.109' N 95 59.084' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Johnson Street and Fanthorp Street. The church is on the southwest corner of the intersection.
Historical Marker: Organized November 11, 1844 Baptist General Convention of Texas organized here in 1848. Twenty-three of Texas thirty-four Baptist churches were represented. Present building was constructed with native rock by slave labor and finished in 1855. Burned February 6, 1955, and was restored, using original walls, and redecorated September 18, 1955. First Texas Baptist Woman's Missionary Society organized here in 1858.