Cedar Springs Cemetery
Falls County, Texas
31 10.993' N 96 55.236' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of CR-337 and FM-2027. Go .25 miles east on CR-337. The cemetery is on the right (south) side of the road.
Historical Marker: Although there are at least a dozen unmarked graves, the earliest marked burial here is that of Thomas Roberts (1817-1874). At least 20 burials occurred before the land was deeded on March 4, 1901. The cemetery is on land owned by J.G.W. Pierson, who was attorney and surveyor for Sterling Clack Robertson in the Robertson Colony. Most early burials are located inside the fenced Pierson family plot, indicating that originally this may have been a family burial ground. Several veterans are buried here, including civil war soldiers Alamander Ervin Linder (1823-1921), Benjamin Almary Pierson (1840-1905) and John Thomas Daniel (1841-1891). This cemetery is a reminder of rural Falls County settlement.