First Presbyterian Church
Karnes County, Texas
28 53.282' N 97 53.865' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Mayfield Street and Esplande Street. The church is on the northeast corner of the intersection. 405 E. Mayfield Street.
Text: Karnes City's first edifice built for Protestant worship. Housed congregation originating in 1894 as a mission under the care of Helena Presbyterians, and organized as a church with 14 members in 1895 by The Rev. H. R. Laird, evangelist of the Western Texas Presbytery. Church building was completed in June 1901. Congregation celebrated its 75th anniversary in 1970.