B'nai Abraham Synagogue
Washington County, Texas
30 10.132' N 96 23.911' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Park Street and Vulcan Street. Go 100 yards north on Park Street. The marker is on the right (east) side of the street.
Text: Built 1893 for one of first Orthodox congregations in Texas. Founded 1885. Still serves the community. Strict Hebrew worship with segregation of men and women, no instrumental music, dietary laws and total historic prayer book adherence.