Washington County, Texas
30 10.914' N 96 35.798' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Washington Street and Main Street. Go 1/2 block south on Washington Street. The building is on the left (east) side of the street.
Text: Built in 1937 by Edward Whitener and Quintus Zwernemann, this cafe has been a popular feature of downtown Burton through the years. Serving as both a cafe and social center for generations, it also included a liquor store at one time. Outdoor bathroom facilities were replaced in 1984. Its simple architectural features include a false front stepped parapet sheathed in metal stamped in a brick pattern.