Bassett and Bassett Banking House
Washington County, Texas
30 10.056' N 96 23.782' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Main Street and Market Street. The building is on the southwest corner of the intersection.
Text: Benjamin H. and Thomas J. Bassett opened their newly-created bank and located their law office in this building soon after its completion in 1873. Built with bricks manufactured by the local Wild & Co. Brickyard, the Italianate structure housed the bank until it closed in 1884. An important Brenham landmark, the building features round arches and stucco hood moldings at door and window openings. The third story was added in the early 1900s.