Baylor University for Boys
Washington County, Texas
30 18.963' N 96 20.770' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of CR-69 and FM-50. Go 60 yards south on CR-69. The marker is on the left (east) side of the road in the middle of the park.
Text: On this site stood one of the early buildings of Baylor University erected for boys in 1851, and torn down in 1934; The institution was incorporated February 1, 1845 under the laws of the Republic of Texas; named for Robert Emmett Bledsoe Baylor who with Reverend William M. Tryon secured the charter; Henry L. Graves was elected first president January 12, 1846; consolidated with Waco University in 1886 and moved to Waco; Baylor University; The oldest existing educational institution in Texas; continues in unselfish service; "Pro Ecclesia, Pro Texana".