Burton Farmers Gin
Washington County, Texas
30 10.836' N 96 35.643' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Mulberry Street and Main Street. Go 1/2 block north on Main Street. The gin is on the right (east) side of the street.
Texas: In December 1913 a group of local farmers met to organize the Burton Farmers Gin Association. This two-story corrugated metal-clad gin building was constructed in 1914. The gin's machinery was steam-powered until 1925, when an oil engine was installed. The only cotton gin in town after 1948, it continued operations through 1974. The Burton Farmers Gin is one of the few remaining complete gin and mill complexes in the United States.